prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

March 17, 2007. Five years ago.

On the above date, Jackie, my wife of 63 years passed away. I was shocked. For months I was guilt ridden because I did not get on her hospital bed and hold her in my arms. She had tubes installed and an oxygen mask on. But I still felt terrible that she passed away without a hug. We were always great huggers.

I carved this sign the summer we were volunteers at Acadia National Park in Bar Harbor, Maine. It is on my porch.


This picture was taken one summer when were camping in Arizona. Jackie and I drove down many roads during the 22 years we were RVing. Half the roads I go down now remind me of our time together.

1 comment:

  1. That is a very sad and touching post, dad. I can distinctly remember as a kid, watching you two, in the middle of a room just hugging hugging hugging.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->