prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Albert L Munson, blacksmith-inventer.

A distant cousin, Albert L Munson, has twenty patents listed. They date from 1866 to 1871. The patents were for items in fire arms, cigarette manufacturing, and furniture. During this time he lived in New Haven, New York, and Hartford. The title sheet from one of his patents is shown below.

   
The item below is not a patent. It is comments about a 36 caliber muzzle loader rifle made by Albert. It is from a news letter of shooting aficionados. The muzzle loader is dated 1871. Albert kept busy.






No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->